Simpsonville City Council notes: City plans to hire full-time arts center director
Simpsonville City Council on February 22, initially approved plans to create a art center manager position to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Simpsonville Arts Center.
Other responsibilities would include:
- Plan and organize special events, shows and artistic performances
- Assistance in choosing tenants for five classrooms
- Interview and train volunteers for Arts Center events
- Oversee the maintenance of the facility and ensure that all repairs are completed, everything is stored and the building remains in good condition
The starting salary for the position would range from $42,388 to $60,000, depending on experience, and would be funded by hospitality and lodging tax revenue, city administrator Dianna Gracely said.
This item will go to city council for the first of two readings on March 8.
During Gracely’s report to City Council, she discussed several project updates and timelines, including:
- Construction of the senior center’s community hall and outdoor space is underway and is expected to be completed in September
- The city is accepting bids to build between two and four pickleball courts in College Street Park. Construction is expected to begin in early spring
- Raised Community Garden is moved from City Park to College Street Park